Four days ago, I got a tag from my new friend, Ms. Loida of 2L3B. The game’s rules are I’ve got to devolves 7 random things about myself and pass the tag to 7 blogger friends. Recently, I was also a recipient of another award from Ms. Jo of Wits and Nuts. Its rules are almost similar to the tag. I have to share 10 random honest things about myself and pass the award to 7 bloggers I deemed deserving. I’ve decided to write a single post to all of these to save time and avoid redundancy.
“Honest Scrap Awards are bestowed by bloggers to fellow bloggers whose blog contents or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
Thanks again Ms. Jo for believing and supporting my madness. This is her reason why I’m one of her beneficiary:
BlogusVox – His entries are always a witty read. And the cartoons are the best!
Here are the rules, recipient have to agree to, before accepting this award:
“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.”
“Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!”
Here are 10 things about myself:
1. I used to drink a lot. In my younger days, I could consume a case of beer in one setting, of course given plenty of time (about 8 to 9 hours). I’ve changed since I got married. Now a day, you’ll consider me what people called a “social drinker”, if there’s anything to drink around here.
2. I begin my day with a mug of coffee and a cigarette. Things aren’t seems complete or right if I can’t have those two first.
3. I wanted to take up Fine Arts but my Dad won’t support my schooling if I don’t tow the family line and become an engineer, just like him. Until now, I still speculate if he was right.
4. I used to smoke a pack and a half of Marlboro “Red” per day. But with my wife’s incessant nagging, I changed my brand to “Ultra Light” (less tar) and limit it to 6 sticks (honest) a day.
5. I like everything in symmetry. I don’t feel at ease when I see things out of balance or if it’s not on its proper place. I have this urge to straighten up or organize, even if it’s not my personal things.
6. I like books, especially if it pertains to science, economic, history or ideas of great individuals. But there are two books which I always read without tiring: Broca’s Brain by Carl Sagan and The Art of War by Sun Tzu.
7. I like cartoons. I have a collection of full length cartoon movies and watched it together with my daughter.
8. I do my drawings or write my articles at home when everybody’s asleep. I’m living with an almost 4 year old Art Director who gives me pointers on what color to use in my drawings. I’m also married to a relative of Laguardia who instruct me what to write or not to write in my blog.
9. My daughter calls me Daddy, but she thinks I’m her playmate, servant and all year round Santa Claus.
10. I love food. I may be stingy on material things, especially when it comes to my wife’s taste in clothes, but never on food. I like to go on a “food-adventure” and try delicacies I’ve never tasted before.
I pass this award, wither they’ll like it or not, to the following bloggers:
1. Sheng of Anything goes – her new blog is really awesome. The header is simple but very elegant.
2. RJ of Chook Mindersquill – I like his write up, very informative, about his adventure/misadventure down under
3. Panaderos of A Man of My Town – his new site is really good. You got to visit and read his posts to know its well thought.
4. Mimi of Sleepless in K.L. - Her photos are excellent, her travels are informative and her parental experience gives me pointers.
5. Nebz of Isla de Nebz – I understand his melodramatic experiences in the Kingdom at the same time it amuses me.
6. donG of Eskapo – his travels all over the Philippines and the photos he takes never stop to amaze me.
7. bw of The Warped Zone – this is one blogger whose line of thought, as I observed in his posts, is in parallel with mine.