Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Tea For Two

I'll be the judge of my own manliness. - Dennis Rodman

When I was a young boy, I refuse to play “bahay-bahayan” with my younger sister and our neighbor’s child. I thought of that as mushy and considered it girlie stuff. If they found another boy to play with them, I teased and called him sissy. I shouldn’t have done that.


Since my wife bought my daughter’s toy tea set, Bea would ask, no demand that I sit in her little chair to have tea with her and her “friends”. I have to sip her make believe tea and pretend to eat her "cakes" as if they are the most delicious wooden blocks I ever tasted. I have to be polite and do animated conversation with Pooh and the other bears, much to my wife’s amusement.

All my bachelor life I have never imagined that one day I would do such a thing. But a father would do anything, even shed his “manly” image and make a fool of himself, to please his only child.

5 comments:

  1. buti na lang at hindi ka nilalagyan ng ribbon sa buhok... ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huwag naman sanang bilhan nang make-up kit nang ina. Yan ang kinatatakutan ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but of course. Actually, this make believe game is a good way to intorduce your daughter to table ethiquette and imporeve her socialization skills.

    BTW, nung bata ako, ayoko din ng bahay-bahayan. Ang gusto ko doctor-doctoran. Lalo na nung nag-binata ako. Ako yung OB-Gyne. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogusvox mas matatakot ka kung anak mo ay lalaki at nagpapabili ng make up kit.. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ka Rolly, I've never thought of that. Iba talaga pag Guidance officer ang kausap mo. You get pointers on how to raise children properly. Thanks.

    ed v., pag lalaki ang anak ko at may tendency siya. Batas militar na ang ipa-iiral ko sa bahay.

    ReplyDelete